Services offered include:
• Initial registration of voters .
• Transfer of voters from one ward to another or from one constituency to another.
Qualification for registration as a voter
Applicant must be:
• Eighteen (18) years old and above.
• A citizen of Zimbabwe and must be a resident in the respective constituency or ward.
• A Zimbabwe national registration identity document (metal ,synthetic or green waiting pass), or
• A valid Zimbabwe passport
• Documentary evidence proving that the applicant is currently residing in the ward or constituency
in which registration or transfer is to be effected is required in the form of:
• A certificate of occupation/title deeds or
• Lodgers permit/card or
• Rates/water statement in applicant's name, or
• Electricity statement in applicant's name, or
• Credit store statement showing the physical address of the applicant, in the respective area.
• Written statement from landlord, parent or friend confirming the applicant's address
accompanied by a house card, electricity bill, rates bill or any similar document in the name of the
landlord, parent or friend staying with applicant.
• Sworn statement by employer or applicant confirming applicant's address.
• Hospital bill or envelopes with post markings reflecting applicant's address and any other
information or document sufficient to ascertain the applicant's residence.
• Confirmation by the Village Head or
• Resettlement Officer or
• Farm Owner
Note: Any person who wishes to be registered as a voter or seek transfer shall present himself or herself at
the appropriate registration office in order that the appropriate prescribed claim form may be completed on
his or her behalf.
Registered voters residing out of their constituencies
In terms of Section 23(3 of the Electoral Act [Chapter 2:13]), a voter who is registered on the voters roll
for a constituency, other than a voter who has been registered in that constituency in terms of the
provision to subsection (1), shall not be entitled to have his or her name retained on such roll if, for a
continuous period of twelve months he or she has been absent or has ceased to reside in that