Zimbabweans Living Abroad

Issuance Of Travel Documents

Issuance of travel documents to Zimbabweans living abroad

“Applicants are required to submit passport applications to the Zimbabwe Embassy in that country or the
nearest Embassy in neighboring countries. If there are no embassies, applicants are advised to come
back home before their passports expire for renewal of their passports”.
All applications to be submitted and passports to be collected in person.
Original documents plus photocopies to be produced:
• Long birth certificate.
• National Identity Card.
• Marriage Certificate/ National Identity Card in married name/ divorce order.
• Two color photographs (size 3.5 x 4.5cm).
• Citizenship certificate (for citizen by registration).
• Old passport/ Temporary Travel Document if any.
• Study permit permanent residence permit or waiver/ Temporary permit/work permit.
• For lost or stolen passport attach the police report.
• Section 5 of the passport application form must be signed by the father or other legal
  guardian of children under 18 years. Legal guardian’s “Documentary Proof” should be in a
  form of a court order from the High Court or Community in the case of divorced parents.
• Take note that a loss of a passport should be immediately reported to the nearest
  police and nearest Zimbabwean Embassy.
Processing Time
Plus or minus 6 months (The waiting time will be reduced if applications are sent directly).
© {2018} Department of the Registrar General. All Rights Reserved. Designed and hosted by GISP